Featuring newly developed memory technology, Panasonic’s affordable E-Series P2 memory cards provide faster, superior quality recording for an average of five years (with normal operation).
Unlike other disc-based or solid-state recording systems, P2 cards are a high-speed bit bucket, offering high-quality video recording and optimum flexibility, including:
- Reliable performance and instant access
- Compatibility with all P2 camcorders, P2 recorders and workflow tools
- P2 cards can store all P2 frame rates and formats: HD, SD, DVCPRO HD/50/25 and AVC-Intra 100/50
- Over 110,000 P2 units in use around the world
- Compatibility with all major NLEs and serversThe reusable 32GB E-Series P2 card offers recording of video, audio, and metadata in any environment, even in challenging conditions of extreme temperature range, shock, and vibration. Its memory recording structure enables transfer of recorded content at faster speeds (up to 1.2Gbps) than professional solid-state memory cards offered by other manufacturers. This super-fast 1.2Gbps transfer speed means you can edit, archive and complete your project faster than ever. Typical real-world results: Since the P2 HD transfer speed is 8:1, you can transfer a full 16GB E Series card with at least 16 minutes of P2 HD video in under two minutes, and a full 32GB E Series card with at least 32 minutes of P2 HD video in less than four minutes.When shooting with one 16GB E Series card in AVC-Intra 100 1080/24p, the P2 HD transfer speed is 10:1, which means 20 minutes of recorded HD video transfers in under two minutes. And when shooting with one 16GB E Series card in DVCPRO HD/AVC-Intra 100/720/24p, the P2 HD transfer speed is 20:1, which allows you to transfer 40 minutes of recorded video in under 2 minutes. These transfer speeds were documented when tested on both a Mac Pro Tower with Dual Quad Intel Xeon and a Dual Core PC (each with an internal SATA RAID), utilizing the Panasonic AJ-PCD35 five-slot P2 drive.Like all of Panasonic’s P2 solid-state memory cards, the 32GB E-Series card is built with an aluminum diecast casing, providing exceptional durability compared to plastic-based memory cards.E-Series P2 cards are reusable for up to five years when recorded on once daily, at full capacity (100%); when used at half capacity (50%), the cards will continue to record for up to 10 years. A notification is given (in the camcorder’s LCD/viewfinder or the card reader’s display) as the card approaches the end of its life cycle. Details of the card’s life can also be displayed on a computer using P2 Formatter software, a free download available in the P2 Support section.Recording time on a single 32GB P2 card:
- 32 minutes in DVCPRO HD or AVC-Intra 100
- 40 minutes in DVCPRO HD or AVC-Intra at 1080/24p native
- 80 minutes in DVCPRO HD or AVC-Intra 100 at 720/24p native
- 64 minutes in DVCPRO50 or AVC-Intra 50
- 128 minutes in DVCPROFAQs1.) How do P2 cards compare to solid-state memory cards offered by other manufacturers?
All P2 cards use high-quality solid-state memory, extremely durable, diecast aluminum construction and impact-proof connectors. This is in direct contrast to other solid-state memory card products, which often feature breakable, plastic casing with less reliable connectors. Additionally, P2 cards offer reliable performance during recording in all types of environments, as well as instant access and complete data compatibility in all P2 camcorders and workflow tools.2.) How does the new E Series P2 card transfer speed compare to solid-state memory cards offered by other manufacturers?
E Series P2 cards offer fast transfer speeds (up to 1.2Gbps), while professional solid-state memory cards offered by other manufacturers offer up to 800Mbps transfer speeds.3.) Why are the new E Series P2 cards based on a PCMCIA form factor?
These new cards have the PCMCIA form factor to ensure compatibility between all existing P2 cameras, recorders and workflow tools. Panasonic continues development on the P2 card platform. For example, the new E Series P2 card achieves a faster transfer speed (maximum 1.2 Gbps transfer speed) allowing for improved transfer/offload of P2 content.4.) How can I use P2 cards with new laptops that have Express card slots?
Panasonic’s AJ-PCD20 P2 Drive provides IEEE.1394 and USB 2.0 connectivity. Most laptops or computers have one or both of these. Also, the new Panasonic AJ-PCD35 P2 Drive provides super-fast connectivity via a PCI-e connector to desktop computers. In addition, 3rd party adapters are available to connect this unit to laptops.
The new E Series P2 cards are designed to work with all P2 camcorders and recorders. A free, downloadable E Series firmware upgrade is required for optimum performance. The E Series firmware upgrade is not required for the following camera models: VariCam 3700 (AJ-HPX3700), VariCam 2700 (AJ-HPX2700), AJ-HPX3000, AJ-SPX800, AJ-SPC700 and AJ-SPD850.
Please note: E Series P2 cards usage will require an AJ-PCD35 P2 Drive firmware upgrade, as well a P2 computer driver upgrade (MAC/Windows)